No garage sale shall be conducted unless and until the person designated to conduct such sale shall obtain a garage sale permit from the Finance Department's Office.
Prior to issuance of any garage sale permit, the person conducting such sale shall file a written application with the Finance Dpertment's Office in advance of the proposed sale, setting forth the following information:
- Full name and address of applicant.
- The location at which the proposed garage sale is to be held.
- The date upon which the sale shall be held.
- The date of any other garage sales held at the same location within the current calendar year. (Finance Department's Office has this information available)
- An affirmative statement by the applicant that the property to be sold was owned by the applicant as his own personal property and was neither acquired nor consigned for the purpose of resale.
- An affirmative statement by the applicant that he understands that the garage sale permit will expire in three days from the time and date of its issuance or effective date and that the applicant understands that he is entitled to conduct only one garage sale pursuant to any such permit, which sale shall only be conducted at the location stated in the application.
There is an administrative processing fee of $2.00 for the issuance of a garage sale permit.
Application Forms are available as a PDF file (requires Acrobat Reader to view)
garage sale permit (PDF, 24 kb)
Additional information regarding codes and ordnances for garage sales can be obtained at www.municode.com and search on garage sale